Our Native Plant Nursery has one of the region’s largest selections of native trees, shrubs, wildflowers, ferns and sedges. Plants propagated at the nursery are used in the Council’s habitat restoration projects and are available to the public.
Volunteer work parties are Thursdays from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. If interested, contact Amber for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Sales: 2nd Saturdays in April and October from
9:00 am – 3:00 pm at the nursery.
About the Nursery
The Scappoose Bay Watershed Council offers native trees and shrubs to landowners interested in enhancing natural areas on their property. This successful program has created goodwill in the community and led to the development of other restoration projects through connections with property owners.
Volunteers assist in collecting seeds and cuttings throughout our watershed to provide a diverse genetic stock for the propagation of plants. These indigenous Oregon species are used in restoration projects and sold at our bi-annual plant sales.
In order to support this program and to provide hands-on opportunities for schools, the Watershed Council developed native plant nurseries at local high schools. Scappoose High School and the Columbia River Youth Corps of St. Helens have committed to the project. The Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) provided funding to construct the nurseries.The Watershed Council is working with students, and community volunteers to keep the nurseries running.
- Scappoose High School – The nursery is located at the Scappoose High School grounds. The nursery provides hands on opportunities for students and staff.
- Oregon Outreach – High school students join us weekly for our volunteer work parties.
- St Helens Middle School – Wetland restoration on Middle School grounds by Outdoor School students annually.
Native Plants & Sales
Public Sales are held 2nd Saturdays in April and October from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at the nursery.
2018 Fall Sale:
Finding us can be a little tricky the first time:
- First, go to Scappoose High School at 33700 SE High School Way, Scappoose, Oregon 97056.
- Once you are on High School Way, go through the first stop sign and turn right into the lower parking lot.
- Nursery is located on the left, behind the shop building.
- If all else fails, call Amber @ 503-369-8589.
During sale, signs will be placed off the highway and High School Way.